Sometimes models take on a life of their own. They become personalities through the games they're used in and the experiences they have. Add the character of the sculpt into the mix, and you end up with a firm favourite.
|"No, Mister Fisk will NOT see you now!"|
Judda was painted over a year ago, but I am choosing to use him as the next instalment of Choose Your Own Adventurers because I didn't blog about him at the time, and also he has become (through his highs and lows), one of my favourite characters.
Described as "Scum" on the Adventurers colour advert, the figure is also referred to as a Space Eunuch. He brandishes a chunky chainsword and sports a natty armoured mankini. With his shaven head, and copious quantities of bare flesh, I decided that he was the perfect model to act as the bodyguard to my Helsreach Water Seller, Silwon Fisk.
|Silwon Fisk flanked by his closest companions. Rumours of illegal gene-cloning are unfounded.|
Judda was conceived as Fisk's bodyguard with an undercurrent of forbidden love. His in-game role was to defend Fisk's ash wastes crawler from any boarders, and of course, to ensure Fisk did not get harmed. Over the course of the ash wastes campaign we played at the end of 2016 and early 2017, Judda proved himself to be a rather dim-witted and clumsy bodyguard. His list of notable actions includes:
- Failing to re-board Fisk's crawler by tripping and injuring himself (the crawler having been hijacked by a rival gang).
- Failing to defend the crawler when boarded by a hoard of ferocious greenskins.
- Being forced to give up his chainsword in exchange for Bran, an unlucky captured Maniak (Fisk's mercenary protection).
- Winning a sword fight against a Redemptionist leader, to be rewarded by Fisk later that night.
- Allowing Fisk to suffer serious melta burns from a rival Journeyman.
But after all that, the post-battle petting and sweet treats from Fisk, the catcalls from rival gangs over his fashion choices, wouldn't you be rather fond of Judda too?
Judda's paint scheme is in imitation of his master/lover. I repeated the white armoured sections, tattoos and blue spot colours.
Just in case you can't see it, Judda also got a nice little buttock tattoo. I think Fisk's hands are bigger though!
Curis will share the next adventurer, followed by cheetor. I suspect my next offering will be in the New Year!