Wednesday 29 July 2015

Mahzun Cenk, Cultist

Mahzun Cenk is an avid adherent to the gospel of pleasure as preached by the Cult of the Silken Veil. Formerly a bosun on a spice freighter, Cenk was drawn into the Cult during shore leave. His bloated neck and face are sure signs of participation in pleasure sessions at the Cult temple. 



The model is an unmodified Space Pirate from the 1980s Citadel range. I've always liked this particular figure, with his tonsured head and bizarre, bloated neck. Cenk was a very quick opportunistic paint job in a 2.5 hour window. I'm fairly happy with how he came out, but more importantly, he brings the Cult up to five models (when Bro'og, Wyrm and Gron-Slom stop hanging out with my Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in my current Inquisimunda campagin!).


Eunuch Cultist Moktafi and Mahzun Cenk.

I'm off to the Oldhammer 'Bring Out Your Lead' event this weekend, so I suspect my next blogpost will cover all the fun and games. Watch this space!

13 comments:

  1. This guy and his weird body look perfectly fitted for this little group ! Excellent match and paintjob !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB...I think a weird bodyshape is a prerequisite for joining the cult ;)

      Delete
  2. Woah, I didn't know of that mini, but it looks surprisingly nice in those colours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth checking the Space Pirate range out Suber - there are some interesting figures! http://www.solegends.com/citrt2/rt601adv/Wd103p15RT601Piratesx-02.jpg

      Delete
  3. Nice work, he looks disgustingly depraved in that colour scheme!

    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Depravity was definitely the look I was aiming for :)

      Delete
  4. Great job! I had this mini as a teenager, but sadly sold him on. Nice to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shame you sold him, what are the chances that this is the very same figure? ;)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic work. You made them look mean in pink and that's no mean feat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink is a pretty threatening colour ;)

      Delete
  6. Looks good. Great job love there colour scheme bold and screams pleasure cult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've picked up another figure for the cult today...he's a bizarre bald, mustachioed halflings with a whip...I think he'll fit perfectly ;)

      Delete
  7. He looks great and you've managed a nice vivid but not over the top pink on his garb.
    Good luck on the painting competition. House Ulanti looks like a real contender

    ReplyDelete